At D&S Dental, we’re proud to say we remained open for business throughout the pandemic, even in the Spring of 2020 when dental offices were closed and only allowed to treat emergency cases. We used the slower time to 3D print face shields for local first responders and later mask fitters for dental teams. As dental offices reopened, we never missed a beat. Our turnaround times never changed, and we received many new clients as a result. Thank you for building a relationship with us.
Our number one priority continues to be the health and safety of our employees and your dental teams and patients. As an NADL- and DAMAS-certified lab, we already follow the highest standards for infection control and cleaning. However, we continue to implement additional precautions as needed to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
SHADE TAKING – We did suspend in-person custom shades for a period of time, but were able to offer another option — a digital shade-taking solution called ShadeWave Mobile app. You can learn more at www.dnsdental.com/shadetaking. In-person custom shades may be available on a limited basis. Contact the lab for more information.
CONTINUING EDUCATION – Many doctors regularly rely on D&S to host high-quality CE seminars each year. We made sure we didn’t let them down. In 2020 and the first half of 2021, we hosted a handful of webinars rather than in-person programs and are now back to offering in-person programs. See our events page for 2022 upcoming dates – www.dnsdental.com/events.
DIGITAL IMPRESSIONS – Since the onset of the coronavirus, the number of digital impressions we receive at the lab has increased significantly. That’s great news as digital impressions are safer and more accurate. Doctors are reminded that we offer $10 off each digital impression submitted and lab credits for monthly volume thresholds reached. Learn more at www.dnsdental.com/scanners.
- Our employees self-monitor their health and follow a strict policy on when they must stay home and when to return to work.
- We remind employees to cover coughs and sneezes and properly wash hands.
- Our Waunakee headquarters boasts a high-efficiency air filtration system, which cleans the air of airborne particles including viruses and bacteria.
- We’ve installed clear plastic guards on work benches where possible
- Employees disinfect workspaces frequently and common areas are routinely cleaned and disinfected.
- Our Infection Control team uses EPA-approved disinfectants to disinfect all items sent to us from the dental practice. They wear full PPE — gloves, masks, face shields and gowns– when disinfecting.
- Our drivers wear facemasks when picking up or delivering cases to dental practices that require face masks upon entry.
Cash flow is an issue for everyone right now. If you have old crowns or bridges lying around, you may be able to redeem your precious metal scrap by sending it to a refinery. Call D&S if you’d like a reference.