At D&S Dental Laboratory, our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and your dental team and patients. Here are some of the steps we are taking to protect people and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Our employees self-monitor their health and follow a strict policy on when they must stay home and when to return to work.
- Employees wear masks and practice social distancing in the lab. Hygiene reminders are posted throughout the lab.
- Our Waunakee headquarters boasts a high-efficiency air filtration system, which cleans the air of airborne particles including viruses and bacteria.
- We’ve Installed clear plastic guards on work benches and floor markers showing six-foot distancing.
- Employees disinfect workspaces frequently and common areas are routinely cleaned.
- We’re limiting visitors to the lab and all in-lab custom shade appointments are suspended
- Our Infection Control team uses EPA-approved disinfectants to disinfect impressions and everything that comes in contact with case boxes. They wear full PPE — gloves, masks, face shields and gowns when disinfecting.
- Our drivers wear gloves and a facemask when picking up or delivering cases to dental practices and social distance whenever possible
As a lab certified by the National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) and Dental Appliance Manufacturers Audit System (DAMAS), we already follow the highest standards for infection control and cleaning. Now with COVID-19, we’re taking even greater precautions, following Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
As part of our DAMAS program, we added an Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan to our Health and Safety program. We trained employees on the new protocols, particularly our Receiving and Pick Up/Delivery personnel.
If you have any questions about our safety protocols, please contact one of our owners at 800.236.3859. Thanks for your cooperation. Stay safe and know we’re here to help as you re-open dental practices.